Crayhill Capital Management is a New York-based, minority owned alternative asset management firm that specializes in asset-based investment opportunities. The firm was launched in August 2015, is registered with the U.S. SEC as an investment adviser and manages over $2 billion in regulatory assets under management. Crayhill strives to deliver capital solutions through tailored financing structures. Its asset-based investment strategies draw on deep sector expertise and relationships throughout the structured finance and specialty finance markets. Sector focus includes commercial trade finance, structured real estate, renewable energy, media, consumer finance, and e-commerce.
Crayhill’s co-founders, Carlos Mendez and Joshua Eaton, have worked together for over a decade, most recently at Magnetar Capital before founding Crayhill, and have successfully invested over $3bn in asset-based private credit. Twenty-five professionals currently support our growing multi-product platform that invests capital on behalf of a sophisticated institutional client base, including deep relationships with the premier limited partner consultants. Our investment professionals and leadership team have deep expertise in the credit markets with diverse experience coming from many well renowned alternative asset management firms such as Metlife Investments, Anchorage, Dune Capital, Sculptor, Guggenheim, BlueMountain and Benefit Street.
Crayhill is seeking an Investment Analyst to have an integral role on the investment team and focus on asset-based private credit deal execution and management in the renewable energy sector. Crayhill’s investment model emphasizes deep industry and asset class specific research as a backdrop to formulating opinions on attractive transactions and deal structures. The team also emphasizes analysis of historical asset performance data and other proxy data, modeling of stress scenarios on projected future asset performance and building transaction structures that mitigate performance and market risks.
- Investment Analysis and Execution: Cradle to grave analysis of potential investments including portfolio or single asset model building and review, initial deal structuring, term sheet drafting and definitive document negotiation
- Relationship Management: Develop and manage relationships with borrowers and other counterparties during pre and post close investment lifecycle
- IC Memoranda Development and Presentation: Prepare and present investment committee memoranda, which will require communication of industry and competitive trends as well as quantitative credit assessment of the investment
- Due Diligence: Detailed review of data room materials as well as company and asset diligence, both on-site and desktop. Third party research compilation, expert network calls, and comparative analytics
- Research: Synthesize in-depth company and industry research informing RelVal analysis and structural features
- Asset Performance Analysis: Perform quantitative credit and asset performance analysis, resulting in investment pricing and valuation recommendations
- Build and Review Models: Develop complex asset-based financial models and develop and maintain asset databases
- Manage Existing Investments: Interface with portfolio company counterparties, conduct performance analysis and make recommendations based on critical analysis of data
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior Academic Credentials: A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or a related field from a top-tier university
- Relevant Experience: 2 – 4 years of experience with a background in project orleveraged finance, at an investment or commercial bank or in structured credit investing, ABS banking, or asset-based lending within the energy or infrastructure sector. Familiarity with project finance modeling, unit economics, payment waterfalls, and the ability to analyze the credit profile of a project finance transaction or asset-based lending transaction.
- PowerPoint Proficiency: Fluency in framing and creating concise PowerPoint presentations (e.g., investment committee memos).
- Technical Skills: Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills; renewable project finance modeling is a plus but not required.
- Financial and Legal Knowledge: Understanding of basic credit agreement terms, accounting and financial reporting, capital structures and balance sheets
- Communication Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to express views on risk / reward in an investment context
- Passion and Attention to Detail: Deep intellectual curiosity and desire to find solutions supported by data; excellent attention to detail.
To apply, fill the form below or email CV and cover letter to Recruiting@crayhill.com