Crayhill Capital is excited to announce that we are hiring at the Analyst or Associate level to join our team in midtown Manhattan.
Crayhill Capital Management is a New York-based, minority owned alternative asset management firm that specializes in asset-based investment opportunities. The firm was launched in August 2015, is registered with the U.S. SEC as an investment adviser and manages over $2 billion in regulatory assets under management. Crayhill strives to deliver capital solutions through tailored financing structures. Its asset-based investment strategies draw on deep sector expertise and relationships throughout the structured finance and specialty finance markets. Sector focus includes commercial trade finance, structured real estate, renewable energy, media, consumer finance, and e-commerce.
Crayhill’s co-founders, Carlos Mendez and Joshua Eaton, have worked together for over a decade, most recently at Magnetar Capital before founding Crayhill, and have successfully invested over $3bn in asset-based private credit. Twenty-five professionals currently support our growing multi-product platform that invests capital on behalf of a sophisticated institutional client base, including deep relationships with the premier limited partner consultants. Our investment professionals and leadership team have deep expertise in the credit markets with diverse experience coming from many well renowned alternative asset management firms such as Anchorage, Dune Capital, Sculptor, Guggenheim, BlueMountain and Benefit Street.
Crayhill is seeking an Analyst/Associate for its investment team to support the scaling of its investment and risk management capabilities. Crayhill’s investment team is collectively responsible and involved through the entire deal lifecycle – sourcing, deal execution, and asset management. The candidate will play an integral role in assisting in all aspects of active investment management, risk management, and analysis of Crayhill’s asset-based private credit investments portfolio.
Crayhill is committed to offering a collegial and intellectually engaging environment to a candidate who is motivated to become a well-rounded investment professional. The candidate will have an opportunity to participate in all aspects of institutional investment management. Over time, it is our goal to help each member of its investment team to shape their own role and area of specialization.
Existing Investment Portfolio
- Investment Management: Assist in all aspects of management of specific investments with the goal of eventually taking ownership of asset and relationship management
- Investment Performance Analysis and Surveillance: Perform ongoing credit, asset, and portfolio performance analysis to price, value, and monitor investments. Measure performance of investments including monitoring of triggers, covenants, and exercise of available controls. Present summaries of analysis, including potential investment actions and supporting rationale to senior members of the investment team.
- Risk Management: Assist in the design and development of sophisticated risk management processes that are critical to investment decision-making to manage the credit and operational risks of existing investments; develop data-driven theses and conduct scenario analysis to inform investment decisions for investments
- Process Improvements: Identify areas of potential weakness in existing risk management processes and drive improvement
- Valuation & Reporting: Develop, own, and refine valuation models, reports, and dashboards integral to the investment team functions; Prepare and present materials for investment committee memos, portfolio reviews, investor inquiries, and fund marketing purposes
New Investments – Sourcing and Deal Execution
- Due Diligence & Underwriting: Assist with sourcing, due diligence, underwriting, structuring and execution of potential investments opportunities. The candidate will play a critical role in all aspects of deal execution – asset analysis and negotiation of deal terms
- IC Memoranda Development and Presentation: Prepare and present investment committee memoranda, which will require communication of industry and competitive trends as well as quantitative credit assessment of the investment Research: Research, analyze, and integrate macroeconomic and asset-class specific data to inform investment committee decision making while staying informed around industry trends and developments
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of work experience in Structured Finance, Leveraged Finance, Special Situations, Private Credit, and/or Alternative Asset Investing with advanced financial analysis and modeling experience (or strong quantitative background). Pursuit or completion of CFA designation is a plus
- Academic Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Finance, Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field; advanced degrees, e.g. MBA, MS, or equivalent are a plus
- Technical Skills: Ability to perform collateral analysis, investment valuations, evaluate deal structures, and model complex structured credit cash flow models
- Financial Knowledge: Strong grasp of fundamental credit risk concepts and ability to thoughtfully analyze a diverse range of asset classes
- Modeling Skills: Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint. Coding experience (Python, VBA, R, SQL, etc.) is a plus
- Analytic Tools: Prior experience or familiarity with data analytics tools like PowerBI, Excel PowerQuery, or Tableau is a plus
- Intellectual Curiosity: Highly motivated and curious with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication stills
- Communication Skills: Ideal candidate will be comfortable participating and presenting in internal discussions, investment committee meetings, diligence meetings with portfolio company C-suite and discussions with industry sources, portfolio company representatives, and other professionals
To apply, please fill out the form below, or email your resume, information, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.